New for 2022: AeroPod V5
AeroPod V5 has new sensors, more accurate data recording, and simpler setup
- A new 24 bit wind sensor, designed and manufactured exclusively for Velocomp, provides better and higher resolution wind measurements
- A new 24 bit barometric pressure sensor provides more accurate elevation measurement
- New Firmware 9 (factory installed) uses 24 bit data to deliver better CdA measurement accuracy
- Firmware 9 also features a new "Aero Test" mode that delivers excellent CdA accuracy and test-to-test consistency
- New Velocomp app for iOS/Android lets you set up as many as four bikes from your smartphone, without using Isaac software
- Velocomp app also includes a bike computer screen displaying instantaneous and average power, speed, calories, distance, cadence, and also a graphical display of your zone % FTP
- AeroPod also functions as a stand-alone power meter for any bike
All new AeroPod V5 features add to the already-impressive list of AeroPod features and benefits.
One Device, all the data.
- High accuracy, +/- 2%, CdA measurement
- CdA information displayed on any compatible Garmin bike computer/watch
- Works with any road, mountain, time trial, gravel, and cross bike
- Other bikes too: tandem, recumbent, folding, you name it!
- No swapping bike components
- Box to bike setup in 10 minutes
- ANT+™ compatibility
- Transmits power data to many popular iOS/Android cycling apps
The best-selling CdA aero sensor on the market.
- CdA measurement with any ANT+ Direct force power meter (DFPM)
- "Training/Racing" mode for live measurement of aero drag (CdA)*
- On-the-road, live "Time Advantage" mesurement
- "CdA Test" mode for optimizing aero ride position, bike equipment, accessories, clothing*
- AeroPod stores raw data for after-the-ride analysis with Isaac software
- Isaac analysis software for PC included
AeroPod works with ANT+™ devices*
*AeroPod CdA features use free "AeroPod CdA" app for Garmin Connect IQ compatible computers and watches.View Accessories
Choose Your Power
AeroPod comes in 2 different models. Use this chart to help you learn more and compare each product.View All Products
*Requires PowerPod Lite to PowerPod ANT+™ / Smartphone UPGRADE
|Both-leg power measurement|
|ANT+™ / smartphone compatible|
|Bike profiles allowed per device||1||4||4||4|
|Velocomp Isaac Software Analysis||OPTIONAL*|
|Pitot tube wind measurement||OPTIONAL|
|Live "CdA Training" mode|
|Live "CdA Test" mode|
|Isaac CdA Analysis software|
What’s in the box
- AeroPod sensor and pitot tube
- Mount for round, 31.8 mm handlebars
- USB cable
- Download link to Isaac Software
Additional items required, not supplied
- Garmin ConnectIQ-compatible bike computer or watch for CdA/slope/wind display
- Direct Force Power Meter (DFPM) for CdA measurements
- AeroPod functions as a power meter only when DFPM is not present
- ANT+™ or ANT/BLE speed sensor (ANT+ cadence sensor optional but recommended)
- USB charger
NOTE: International shipments may be subject to additional duty/VAT, collected locally and not included in the shipping charge.
BUILT, PROVEN, IN THE USA.
All Velocomp products are designed, assembled, and shipped from the USA, letting us make you this promise: if you’re not delighted with your purchase you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.
DC Rainmaker: "Overall, I’ve found that the PowerPod can be solidly accurate in most situations, assuming you are aware of the limitations – or aware of changes to configuration that could impact it. Further, it’s ability to seemingly ‘heal’ itself does act as a bit of a safety net should the aerodynamic profile change significantly enough to otherwise impact power readers. I’d sum it up as: If you do a clean calibration ride – things are impressively accurate across a wide range of riding environments and positions."
The Chain Link: "...So what’s the verdict on this thing? Is it possible to get good power data for less than half the cost of the next thing on the market? Yeah, sure. The PowerPod proved to be a consistent (and surprisingly durable) performer in a variety of conditions, some of which it was never intended for..."
The 5k runner: "...considerably cheaper than a direct force power meter and easily swappable between bikes.....Perfect for the beginner and multi-bike owner. Perfect for the expert too. … you can work out how to tweak your riding position if you think about it. Cool."