Limited time SALE! $19.99 (MSRP 39.99!)
USE THE COUPON CODE freeshipping AT CHECKOUT.
FREE SHIPPING FOR UPGRADE KEYS
Add GPS to your AeroPod, PowerPod or Newton!
NOTE: GPS Tracker feature is standard with AeroPod+
If you ride with a smartphone (iPhone or Android) it’s easy to automatically add GPS data to your AeroPod, PowerPod or Newton ride file, and upload your rides to STRAVA.
Install the GPS Tracker key in your AeroPod/PowerPod/Newton, and install the Velocomp Tracker app on your iOS/Android smartphone. You'll then see your ride data overlayed with your route in Google Earth, in Isaac software, and in your Strava uploads.
Smartphone battery life is great, too--with the Tracker app running in your smartphone's background, you'll get more than 10 hours of ride time.
How It Works
1. Purchase the GPS Tracker Upgrade Key.
2. In the “Special Instructions” part of the checkout process, include the serial number of your AeroPod/PowerPod/Newton. Get your serial number from Isaac software, using the menu command "Device/SN and FW Version".
3. We’ll email you the GPS Tracker Upgrade Key.
4. Using Isaac, install the upgrade key in your AeroPod/PowerPod/Newton, using the Isaac menu command "Device/Unlock Feature..."
5. Using Isaac, create a GPS Tracker account through "Device/GPS Tracker Login-Register"
6.For Apple iOS, download the Velocomp Tracker app from the Apple App Store. The Velocomp Tracker app for iOS is a separate purchase, priced at $0.99.
7. For Android, email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the Tracker app for Android.
8. Use your Tracker app on your smartphone to login to your GPS Tracker account. You're ready to ride!
Using GPS Tracker on your rides
1. Start the Tracker app and click "Ride".
2. Slip your smartphone into the back pocket of your jersey.
3. When finished with your ride click "Done" on the Tracker app. Your GPS data is uploaded automatically to the cloud.
4. When you download your AeroPod/PowerPod/Newton ride data in Isaac, your GPS data is pulled from the cloud and is automatically added to your ride file.
5. Click the Google Earth icon in Isaac, and you'll view your GPS and AeroPod/PowerPod/Newton data together!
BUILT, PROVEN, IN THE USA.
All Velocomp products are designed, assembled, and shipped from the USA, letting us make you this promise: if you’re not delighted with your purchase you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.
DC Rainmaker: "Overall, I’ve found that the PowerPod can be solidly accurate in most situations, assuming you are aware of the limitations – or aware of changes to configuration that could impact it. Further, it’s ability to seemingly ‘heal’ itself does act as a bit of a safety net should the aerodynamic profile change significantly enough to otherwise impact power readers. I’d sum it up as: If you do a clean calibration ride – things are impressively accurate across a wide range of riding environments and positions."
The Chain Link: "...So what’s the verdict on this thing? Is it possible to get good power data for less than half the cost of the next thing on the market? Yeah, sure. The PowerPod proved to be a consistent (and surprisingly durable) performer in a variety of conditions, some of which it was never intended for..."
The 5k runner: "...considerably cheaper than a direct force power meter and easily swappable between bikes.....Perfect for the beginner and multi-bike owner. Perfect for the expert too. … you can work out how to tweak your riding position if you think about it. Cool."